Sunday, December 18, 2011

Miami Poems Part II (Irresponsible Sex Acts)


The politics of sex can evoke a battle of biblical proportion. It is as old and eternal as the sky. If we are to survive, the precoitial wranglings seem to be a necessary evil for some star crossed lovers. What brings us to a conjunction of bliss can be preceded and followed by tangles of bargaining and negotiations like so many lawyers enmeshed in the art of war, haggling over who gets the larger share of mother's ashes. 

In my formative years, we were an uninformed and reckless bunch of idiots. Hobbling around with pants around our ankles, schtupping in the back seats of cars, fire escapes, forests, movie theatres, back booths of night clubs and the occasional bed. 

We had never heard of HIV and only occasionally used protection. It was, after all, Miami Florida in the 1970s. Cocaine was thought to be as harmless and addictive as beer and possession of some exponentially increased your chances of being on the receiving end of oral sex.  

We danced and drank vodka gimlets, scoping each other out across the mirror balled, strobe lit expanses. Swaggering and swishing, acting uninterested and pantomiming alpha sexual superiority. While concealing secretly moistened panties and insecurities temporarily abated by tattooing another conquest onto our genitals. Sometimes never knowing their name and not caring about anything but the cycles of the game. Stalk, chase, kill, run, stalk, chase, kill, run, stalk, chase, kill, run from one bed to the next to the next to the next. 

This poem is called...

Kisses Drop Like Diamonds...

Last Friday night
was a total disgrace
with my freshly tanned ass
and the egg on my face

Rubber hoses on my thighs
left a horrible sight
and those hip boots
were sadomasachistically tight

All the running and screaming
were to no avail
when that silver studded porcupine
crawled up my wanton tail

Without a stiff drink
or so much as a whisper
all his passion was hung
from her creamy dripping lipstick
at the click of a half cocked gun

The police and guards
decided not to dance
at the apostolic wonder
instead to boil at the lance

My prissy hearted missy
took it up the big wazoo
when the primal hearted preacher
refused to acknowledge
how much he liked it too

Suffering cats in champagne vats
are soused up to their whiskers
so my pretty pussy took a holiday
to reconvene with all her sisters

They’re scheming and plotting
those harpy bitch-like shrews
sequestered and sharpening their heels
and think we haven’t got a clue

But I know their evil plan
I’ve got wind of their wicked scheme
It was scrawled upon the men’s’ room wall
in the toilet of my dream
It said we must die slowly
but it doesn’t tell how long
the raven will be descending
with the furor of King Kong

It’s got the face of Elizabeth Taylor
but with Bela Lagosi’s bite
and it comes to direct from hell
starting next Friday night
It will claim to be a lover
but all it does is fight
this screaming senorita
with much panache and class
I spy from the corner of my eye
and slap a padlock on my ass
because I know the heat she’s packing
and she’s not seeing mine
until kisses drop like diamonds
into the lipstick of my wine.

and so it was,
Max

PS. I'm not a damn bit proud of this part of my history. I'm also certainly not ashamed either. My footsteps, no matter how foolish have led me to where I am today. I have, as the song says 'looked at life from both sides now'. At this point in my life, I thank God constantly for my wife. I prayed every day for the love of my life to appear. Twenty four years and two beautiful children later, they are still here with me. At the risk of redundancy, I'll say again, the right prayers get answered. Time is a wonderful thing. It makes me realize what is of true value and what is a bunch of bullshit, how short is our allotment of life and the eternality of the human spirit when conjoined with true love. The combination of the two make our species invincible. Whether we have ever met or not, I wish no less for you. Life is too short to not know love. It is what makes us human. It is what makes us divine. From my lips to God's ear. Amen.

All my love, always and forever.
Max





No comments:

Post a Comment